Sunday 20 December 2015

Nine Frames Project (close ups of installation)









I feel that I used to be more creative.  I used to draw for fun far more often.  Now, the only time I draw for fun is while drunk or high.  I find this very sad as it shows I feel the need to alter my state of mind in order to be creative.  I decided to incorporate this into the installation by covering the walls in my intoxicated drawings.  Some of the drawings are fairly humorous as they are incredibly narcissistic self portraits or jokes I've made to myself, whereas some are just scribbles which I thought looked amazing at the time of creation.
To express a sense of creative frustration, I also covered the walls with blank 'ideas' lists, endless to-do lists, self-deprecating notes to myself and print outs of tips on how to be more productive.